Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Children of Eden

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last Tuesday, I had mentioned that I was auditioning for a part in our church's yearly musical. For Dinner Theatre 2008, we are putting on Children of Eden.

Act 1 is a the story of Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel. Act 2 is about Noah and the flood.

I got cast as Eve. The songs are written for a soprano. I'm an alto. And I sing in 12 songs in Act 1 alone. In Act 2, I'll become a member of the chorus.

I'm freaking out a little bit because, well, I'm an alto and the songs are for a soprano. Did I just say that? If I did, it bears repeating. Because I'm an alto. Not a soprano. I'm just saying. Also, one of my best friends is playing Adam. And I have to kiss him.

And I'm not sure if you know the story of Adam and Eve, but they spend the first part of time in Eden...naked. We'll see how the costumers are going to pull that one off.

I'm anxious to get the music and script and get going with rehearsals. We'll start rehearsing in January and the show will be in March. But it'll be here before I know it.

4 reviews:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally coming to watch it. To watch you sing Soprano, not alto. No wait, was it the other way around?

You should have clarified better.

Anonymous said...

congrats on getting the part of eve! i'm sure everything will work out and you'll do a fabulous job.

Good luck!! :)

Lara said...

What a huge part. You must be amazing! Good luck with those high notes.

Karen said...

Hmmm....yeah, the costuming thing will be interesting.

I wanna know where and when. Sounds like a good show.