Friday, April 6, 2007

I will live to see another day (and make Christine think about it)

It's crazy how much better Jake is today than yesterday. We've had a couple of rough spots, but there has been no physical violence, and that's always a good thing! I had plans for this morning, but I decided to clear the calendar and just hang at home with the kids. I think Jake was burnt out because we've had a very busy week. So at 4:15pm, everyone is still in their pajamas. It's a good day.


Looking back through old posts, it appears I missed a compliment/invitation to compliment others from my friend Christine. Apparently, I make her think! Woohoo!! I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm happy to oblige. There's even a cool little graphic that I get to add to my sidebar now. I'm all about the graphics. Now I get to list 5 other bloggers that make me think. So in no particular order, here goes:


  1. Beth - I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth. Her blog is like a mirror to my own life and I always feel like I am not alone in the mad, mad world after visiting her.

  2. Christine - My own path of faith is fairly muddy, but Christine inspires me to break out of my comfort zone and really examine the choices I make and why I make them. She's already been given this award a couple of times, so I am going to officially relieve her of her duty of coming up with 5 more names.

  3. Zany Mama - She is a much stronger person than I think she gives herself credit for. Sarcastic to the core, she helps me appreciate that while it might be hard to find, there is humor in all things.

  4. David - My husband's blog. He is crazy busy at work and doesn't have a lot of time to post, but when he does they are zingers. I live with him, and I still learn new things about him when I read his posts.

  5. Deedee - Her posts make me want to be a better writer. Whether a recap of her day or an awesome recount about a life experience she's had, every post is like a little book.

Here's what the blog award rules are, so they say:


1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme;
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote. Here are the two versions of the award:

So there it is in a nutshell. I'll try to post a new habit tomorrow for Smart Habit Saturdays, but if I don't get around to it, I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!

3 reviews:

Christine said...

Thanks! How cool! It's good to know I can make someone think in my brain-puddle of a state. Good choices for your others too, I checked them out a bit.

Unknown said...

Well, well, well, look at you, making me blush!

Thank you so much! I'm honored and I, too, feel as if we have been separated at birth. (we should ask our parents about that!) :-)

Thank you, Thea!

Zany Mama said...

Did you say that I'm able to find a "tumor in all things"?

Because I'm not sure that's very nice, Thea.

Thanks for the kudos, though. I'll take them! :)