Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'd like to thank the academy...

Two weeks ago, my friend Christine over at Fruit in Season awarded me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. At the risk of sounding trite, that rocks! But like most things lately, I forgot about it! How's that for appreciation?? My sincerest apologies to Christine! Thank you, I love it!


And in keeping with blog award tradition, I will now pass this award on to others who deserve it more than I do! I am going to honor some participants of the May Day Weight Loss Challenge over at Tales from the Scales. These ladies are doing some amazing work and, well, they rock.

  1. Katiebod at Roses are Red, Violets are Violet - Talk about keeping humor in all things! Katiebod's specialty is leaving encouraging comments in the form of poems and altered song lyrics. She's got a quite an imagination!
  2. Jan at Just a Mom, That's More Than Enough - Jan's success is just amazing and quite an inspiration! You gotta love a woman who's brave enough to post before and after pictures of herself!
  3. Lou at Rattling Around - She's doing the Challenge (like me). She lives in Ohio (like me). She openly confesses her love for Pez dispensers (like me). What more do you need??
  4. Denise at Shortybears Place - Denise is such a faithful comment-leaver, if her name isn't in one of the top 3 comments, I begin to worry that something is wrong! She's an awesome cheerleader, which is evidenced by what she had on her post on Tuesday. Sing it with me! "Lean to the left, lean to the right, peel your banana, and then take a bite!!!"
  5. Robin at Robinznest - She's got her eye on the ball, this one. She has such a great attitude and is another awesome cheerleader on our journey.

So there you have it! I hope everyone is having an awesome day!

6 reviews:

Sue said...

Congrats on your award! It's almost time for me to head to the airport. Yay!

Denise said...

You so deserve this award sweet one. Thanks so much for your kind words about me, appreciate you so much. You definitely rock!!

PEZmama said...

Well, I'll be! Thank you so much for thinking of me. Very sweet of you, indeed.

However, I have a confession to make - I don't actually love PEZ dispensers. I have a collection, that is true... but I passively collect them. I should do a post about this - but suffice to say that I never wanted all the dispensers, but a family joke turned into a college joke which turned into people buying me PEZ dispensers whenever they found one because "I thought of you when I saw it."

Yeah, I really need to do a post about it...

Scribbit said...

Well cool for you! Congratulations you rockin girl.

Laura said...

Congrats on your award, and a "hear hear!" for Pezmama and Katiebod. Two great picks!

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet said...

I humbly accept this honor
Here's another poem from me
For rhyming comes much easier
Than writing prose, you see.

Thank you for the mention
It was kind of you to do
My favorite part of blogging
Is "meeting" folks like you!