Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LW 08 - Week 12

This week, I am up a pound (again), but strangely enough I'm not all that upset about it. I'm not where I want to be and my jeans are a bit snug, but here is how I know it's going to be O.K.
  • In past years, I just stopped caring over the holidays. I knew I was going to gain, so it became a self-fulfulling prophecy. One more cookie, one more piece of pie, one more serving of _______. This year I care. I'm up, but I'm only up a pound (instead of 5), and I know it'll come off once things calm down.
  • I can't gain weight because then I will have no clothes to wear. I got rid of all my clothes in bigger sizes so that I wouldn't allow myself to gain the weight back. Now that a little has creeped back on, it's a reminder that I can't go any higher because I would have to go naked. Noone wants that.
  • Within 2 or 3 lbs, I have been at the same weight for 1 year. That's gotta count for something! I'm pretty darn proud of that, thank you very much!
  • Once my schedule calms down (the holidays are really throwing me for a loop this year), I will have time to get back to the gym. Besides me, the schedule we've been keeping is really getting to Jake. We're to the point that if we don't HAVE to leave the house, we don't. We've been on the go so much, we all need a little breather. Things will calm down after the first of the year.
  • My Fitness magazine will start coming soon. I hope.

Visit Tales from the Scales to check out other people's progress!

12/5/07 weight: 158
12/12/07 weight: 159

This week's goal - Breathe and sleep

Winning Outcome for Lose Weight in 2008 Challenge
“I will to maintain my weight between 154 lbs and 157 lbs throughout this challenge. I will increase weight training to 2 times a week. I will continue to do cardio work for 3 or 4 days a week. I will walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps a day EVERY DAY.”

11 reviews:

Mom said...

It is harder around the holidays, too darned much stress and too many treats. Two weeks to go and then our temptations are gone, LOL. I can hold out two weeks!

Courtney said...

It is so hard to maintain around the holidays. Congratulations. Luckily it is almost all past us.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I like your positive attitude!

Lisa Kay said...

You really seem to have your thoughts together - that is half the battle!

No more keeping of big clothes and not eating everything at the holidays will help you keep your focus for January when life gets back to normal!

Julie said...

As I believe, as long as I am not lying to myself about what is really going on then that is progress in itself. The schedules can get kinda crazy around this time of year but simple things like working out, even at home, can really calm us down... don't forget how great you feel after working out

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

Good game plan!

Melonie said...

THANKS for your wonderful comment on my blog today. I needed that.

I agree with you, maintaining for a whole year is flippin' incredible. Okay, so you didn't phrase it that way, but it IS!!!

Considering how very busy you've been - I say you're doing fantabulous, dahlink.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Please, no naked. ROFL You are right on top of it at this dangerous time of year.
Path to Health

Unknown said...

Thanks for the welcome to this challenge. It's great to hang with you again!

Mich said...

I know what you mean about the clothes! I promise to continue to fit into my clothes if you promise to wear yours :) Keep up the good work!

Tiffany said...

yes much harder to maintain around the holidays-even hard to lose. Keep it up and stay focused!!