Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

I know I sounded like a Scrooge when I said I didn't like Christmas music. But after having choir practice tonight, I realize that there are some songs that I do really love to hear...just not a gabillion times over a 3 month span.

  1. O Holy Night
  2. Go Tell It On the Mountain
  3. Carol of the Bells
  4. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
  5. Here Comes Santa Claus (my mom has a music box that plays this and I've already told her that I want it left to me in her will...ain't I sweet??)
  6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
  7. What Child is This
  8. Hallelujah Chorus
  9. Christmastime is Here
  10. Jesus, Jesus Rest Your Head (O.K. so I couldn't come up with 13, this answer is from Jacob)
  11. Jingle Bells (from Emma)
  12. Away in a Manger (Jacob again)
  13. Holy Baby, Holy Child
Visit other Thursday Thirteeners!

8 reviews:

ellen b. said...

I love Christmas music too when it's not the same songs over and over for a whole month. I really like a lot of the classic older ones. happy tt to you

damozel said...

I loathe the sort you get over the radio. But I love carols: God Rest ye Merry, Gentleman; Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming; O Come, O Come, Emmanuel; I Wonder as I Wander....are all on my Christmas list.

You hit the nail on the head---it's not Christmas music I don't love; it's the RADIO.

BN-Politics

Jeannine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannine said...

Heck, I guess I am just a hopeless romantic... (I sometimes listen to x-mas music in June)Oh well, I guess it helps when the almost 300 Christmas songs I have are an eclectic selection from all over the world in numerous languages. But as you said, it is not the songs, it is the endless repetition hence why I don't listen to the radio much (except to the classical station).

PS Sorry I made a terrible spelling mistake in my comment the first time around so I deleted it and posted again...

tammi said...

I'm with you -- I LOVE Christmas music, but don't want to hear it ALL THE TIME. And especially not for three straight months. Around the end of November, I usually start playing the odd CD here and there, but even now, I can never listen to more than one or two a day.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

What?! No "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" in your list?

I used to work in radio, and we played that sone EVERY OTHER HOUR all Christmas season. I thought it was kinda cute... the first two dozen times....

Christine said...

What??? Hallelujah Chorus? But...isn't that...


CLASSICAL??

Nicholas said...

I enjoyed Jingle Bells when I was about five, but it has lost its lustre since then! Scrooge I may be but Christmas music got old a long time ago. Unfortunately, you can't escape it!