Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just a few more weeks

So today was the last day of nature camp, and I have to say I'll miss it. Jake had a blast and came home everyday sweaty and exhausted. I think he really enjoyed it!

All of the parents were invited for a wrap-up cookout today for lunch and that was a lot of fun. The kids had a chance to eat and run off that last little bit of energy before they return to their normal lives. All Emma wanted to do was play in the sand. That girl has an unnatural fascination with all things dirt. And rocks. That girl loooves rocks. She definitely didn't get that from me. I'm no girly girl, but I'm not a big fan of dirt either.

I love my kids, but I am SOOO excited that school starts back up in 2 1/2 weeks. This'll be Emma's first year of preschool so that means on Wednesdays from 9-11:30am, I'll be all by my lonesome. And my grand plan for the time off? Clean. Uninterrupted. Oh, and bowl every other week. Mustn't forget the bowling!!

1 reviews:

Sue said...

Sounds like the cookout was fun. My girls love sand boxes too and I am no fan of having a glorified litter box in my back yard. I'm a bad Mommy. ;)