Sunday, August 26, 2007

Smart Habits Saturday


Things have actually been going really well here, this week, despite the fact that I am a day late on getting this post up. Jacob is still having a few outbursts every now and then, but for the most part we've been having a lot of fun. It's helped that I have been taking the time to do the important things like play with him and Emma, and going places that give me and him an outlet (like the gym while he plays in the childcare room). It's been a huge help.


And since school is starting here in 11 days (not that I'm counting or anything), I think it's time to start getting everyone acclimated to a smoother morning routine. I've made Jake a chore chart for the whole day, broken down by time of day (before breakfast, before school, before quiet time, and nighttime) so that he can see everything he needs to get done during the day. I'd like to get to the point where he can go on autopilot in the morning while I help get Emma ready. We need to be out the door by 8:45am, and we lately we haven't been ready until 9:30 or after.


The other thing I would like to do is get back into the habit of going to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting. As a lifetime member, I am only required going once a month, but I find that I really do a lot better when I have that meeting to go to every week. I've been on monthly meetings since February, so this may take some getting used to!


Check out Lara's site for other's habits!


Here are my other habits/goals for 2007:
Simplifying - getting better
Limit kids TV time - not a habit, but doing well
Emma's bedtime routine - doing a lot better
Work before computer time - struggling with
8K a Day - I'm actually up to 10K a day!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T - getting better
Increased personal reading time - struggling with - just need to find a good book!
Limit personal computer time - struggling with
1 on 1 kids time - getting better

3 reviews:

Rebecca said...

It looks like you are doing well or progressing on many of your habits. Great job! It's good that you are finding things to help your schedule work better for yourself and your kids. Good luck on attending meetings!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Great goals! I am really impressed that you are up to 10K a day! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

You have some really great goals & it looks like you are making progress on many of them! I should "borrow" some of yours, but I'm still trying to do baby steps in a GIANT world :)