Friday, August 31, 2007

Why Dave will be the one helping with math homework

Dave's favorite TV show is Smallville. And I must admit, it is a guilty little pleasure for me, too. Tom Welling, anyone?

We are just finishing up watching Season 5 on DVD. And since we did not see a single episode of Season 6 (it was on at a bad time), we are not quite ready for Season 7 to begin on September 27th. Here is a only slightly paraphrased transcript from an actual discussion we had at 11:15pm last night.

Me: (very excited) We can have a Smallville marathon!

Dave: (brushing his teeth) Huh?

Me: (getting more excited) We can get my parents to take the kids for the weekend and just hole up and have a Season 6 marathon. That way, we'll be all caught up when Season 7 starts!

Dave: (sound of spitting)

Me: How long would we need? (begin talking to myself) 22 episodes at about an hour each. How long is that?

Dave: (long pause) I'll give you just a minute more to figure out 22 x 1.

Me: (realizing my own stupidity) Oh. Right.

8 reviews:

Anonymous said...

Ciao Bar & Grille here .... math isn't the problem ... the episodes are "shorter" on those CD's ... no commericals.....20 rather than 22x1 it's more like 22x48 or so!

Misty said...

I am horrible at math, too, but you really need to blame this one on lack of sleep....... or the sheer excitement of maybe getting a break this weekend...... (wink)

tammi said...

Haha, too funny! Moms brains are so over-active ALL the time, I'm pretty sure we're allowed a few little brief lapses here and there!!! Have a great time!

Christine said...

LOL! That's hysterical! Dave cracks me up with his sarcasm...

Scribbit said...

Andrew is so good with numbers like that too--he just figures them in his head so quickly while I have to write them down and do them by hand.

Twisted Cinderella said...

bwaahahaha that is soo a conversation that I would have! LOL

Anonymous said...

LMAO. I love it. You and I are definitely the same in the math department!

I've never seen Smallville. Perhaps I should start.

Gumby said...

LOL!