Tuesday, August 21, 2007

MDWLC - Week 15

Finally, we've had a little movement. I'm down a .5 pound this week and I think it's because I'm walking more. Or I guess I should say I'm trying to walk more.

Eating out still remains a big obstacle for me. I know what I should have, I should have a big problem actually forming the right words once the waiter arrives. "Grilled Chicken Salad" suddenly becomes "Manicotti". "No thank you" for dessert morphs into "Tiramisu". It's amazing the tricks I can do!

Here are my goals for this week:

  1. I'm finally making the jump to 10k a day on my pedometer. It's tough to do without getting on the treadmill but I'm trying my best.
  2. A 3rd serving of dairy every day.
  3. No eating after 9pm. This one is getting easier and easier!

Check out Tales from the Scales to see how everyone else is doing on the May Day Weight Loss Challenge!

MDWLC starting weight (5/18/07): 158
MDWLC current weight (8/21/07): 156.5
Loss/Gain to date: -1.5 lb
Goal weight for next week (8/28/07): 155

May Day Weight Loss Challenge - The Whole Schebang - http://sheet.zoho.com

4 reviews:

Mich said...

Nicely done--you are heading in the right direction! I know what you mean about eating out--I alway justify it by saying, "well, I only eat ____ (red meat, dessert, something smothered in cheese) out, I never make it at home". because, if you don't know how to make it yourself, it's calorie-free. RIGHT.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the downward movement! Path to Health

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are moving in the right direction. Why is it so hard to lose the last 5 pounds ... and then to keep the pesky things off? I know, I enjoy my food too much :) !!

tammi said...

Congratulations!! Eating out is always tough on the diet and I don't think we shouldn't treat ourselves on occasion. I'm struggling right now too at my parents' place. That's awesome that you've lost a little again, despite the challenges. Way to go!!