Monday, August 27, 2007

Slug Bug

I am not a morning person. I never have been. But still, I try to get up with Dave every day at about 5:45am so that we can down to the basement and do an abs workout on DVD. Some days I make it, some days I don't.

I made it today but a little part of me wishes I would have stayed in bed.

Just a couple of minutes into the DVD, Dave freaked out a little bit and yelled "What was that?" Since my eyes were only half open, I had no idea what he was talking about. I opened them up to see him wiping his hand and looking around at the floor. "I just put my hand in something slimy on the floor."

It turns out that a slug was making it's way across our basement floor and Dave had the good fortune to stick his hand right on it. Fun. After the initial freak out (Dave doesn't like squishy stuff), we started wondering why there was a slug on the ground.

We don't have an answer, but you can be sure we'll be looking out for slimy stuff whenever we are down in the basement from now on.

4 reviews:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

OMG just reading about his touching it gives me the shivers. Blech. I'll bet that the both of you take an extra good look at the floor for critters the next time you lay down to do that workout! LOL

Misty said...

Oh gosh! That's off. My son actually collects live garden snails, and all I can say is EW!!!

tammi said...

EEwwwwww!! There's nothing worse than touching something in the semi-darkness in a half-asleep stage that would gross you out even if you were wide awake!! Blecgh! Hats off to you guys though, getting up so early to work out!!!

Sue said...

Oh, I would freak out too. Especially that early in the morning. We got a ton of much-needed rain last week and we are now fighting all the little ants who came in for shelter. They drive me crazy and Kayla has now taken to picking them up. It's so hard not to freak when she comes over with one crawling on her hand. I despise bugs. LOL