Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MDWLC - Week 14

Well, I think it's safe to say, I'v flatlined...literally. As you can see from my nifty graph below, not a whole heck of a lot of movement on the scales. Oh well, that's that way it goes sometimes. I've been doing really well with getting 8500 steps a day in and I'm trying to get back to 96 oz of water a day.

Now if I can manage to stop eating entire bags of chips the night before weigh in...

Check out Tales from the Scales to see how everyone else is doing on the May Day Weight Loss Challenge!

MDWLC starting weight (5/18/07): 158
MDWLC current weight (8/14/07): 157.0
Loss/Gain to date: -1.0 lb
Goal weight for next week (8/21/07): 156

May Day Weight Loss Challenge - The Whole Schebang - http://sheet.zoho.com

4 reviews:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I've had the yo-yo thing going on. Why not wait until Tuesday night to eat the chips???? ;-) Path to Health

tammi said...

Ha, you do that too, eh? I can't believe how I sabotage myself every Monday night -- it's like CLOCKWORK!!

You know, when I was on WW way back when, I actually FASTED for the 24 hours prior to weigh-in so that I could treat myself to a great supper afterwards, without worrying about breaking the points bank. Maybe I'll have to get back to fasting one day a week, but I want my focus not to be cheating the scale (although if you do it every week, it's not cheating anymore), but rather reliance on God. Using the hunger pangs to remind me to pray.

Yo-yo-ing sucks (and flatlining, even more!) and one thing I learned from WW is that if you're doing everything the same, all the time, your metabolism gets lulled into boredom. With the WW points system, I staggered my points all over the place, just making sure I didn't average more than the recommended amount over the course of a week. Apparently, if your metabolism never knows what's coming, it has to work faster to compensate for the changes. That worked wonders for my flatline phase.

P.S. Have you claimed your award from my blog entry yesterday?

Mich said...

Flat lining can also be known as maintaining--it's a nicer sounding word, anyway!! Hang in there!

Mel said...

I have been flatlining most of the summer which has been irritating, but okay for me at the same time considering I know it is all my fault. Sometimes it helps to change something up like doing a different exercise, kicking out carbs for a bit, no soda's...just something to give your body a wake up call. Good luck this week!