Sunday, March 11, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

So, as I've said before, my husband was in a play this weekend. The show was Beauty & the Beast and Dave played the candlestick, Lumiere. The auditions were WAY back in November and they've been rehearsing at least 3 days a week since the first week in January. It's been a very long process and Jake misses his daddy very much, which is why we think he's been acting out so much lately. Hopefully everything will start returning to our normal routine next week.

But let me tell you, the last 2 days have made the whole ordeal totally worth it.

I went on Saturday night by myself to see the show and let me tell you, my husband is one talented fellow. I know I'm a little biased, but he just lights up the stage. His energy and committment to the roll just brought the character to life. I love, Love, LOVE watching him on stage. It's always a treat.

And for today's matinee show, I surprised Dave by bringing Jake (who will be 4 next month) to see the show. This is Jake's first ever live theatre performance and he could not have been better behaved. He got a little antsy during scene changes when there wasn't anything going on onstage, but the majority of the 2+ hour performance, he sat totally still either on my lap or in the chair next to me. He was a little afraid of the beast so he hid his eyes whenver the beast sang (he had a very powerful voice) or growled. Other than that, he absolutely loved the show and kept saying "There's my father" whenever Dave was on stage (why he's calling him Father instead of Daddy is beyond me, he's been doing it a lot lately).

Anyway, all of the pictures we have of Dave in costume are on other people's cameras (yes, I forgot mine) so as soon as people send them to me I will post them. And believe you me when I say I am counting that show towards my 15 minutes with Jake for the day!

1 reviews:

Christine said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear the show was great (and is over) and that Jake loved it. That has to be one of the most rewarding things about parenting for musicians and actors- bringing children to your shows. Colin's been going since he was 4 and Maddy's just starting to go
(although her attention span is a bit different). Enjoy those times- they'll just keep getting better.