Monday, March 26, 2007

Mother's helpers

So, I've got 2 new mother's helpers. They started coming around and helping out a couple of months ago and I now find them nearly indispensable when it comes to trying to get Jake to do something he doesn't want to do. For some reason, he always listens to them instead of me, and it's gotten to the point now where he'll actually ASK for them instead of me. In the last couple of days, even Emma has started listening to them (which is a feat since her latest hobby is to yell "NO" and then run screaming from the room whenever you ask her to do something).

I'm really lucky because they work for free and never talk back to me. They don't ask for days off and are always willing to help. Heck, I even enjoy having them around. At first, I was jealous of them, but now I don't see how I ever lived without them.

Jake has named the girl "Right Hand Puppet" and the boy "Left Hand Puppet" and while they don't have eyeballs like Oobi, he loves them like he would any person. When they clap themselves together after he's done a good job, he kisses them on the palms because he thinks the clapping hurts them. He gets frustrated when they don't talk to him while I'm getting Emma dressed and he has recently started talking back to them with his own hand puppets.
Hopefully, he'll always be charmed by the simple things. Life would be so much cheaper that way!

1 reviews:

Sue said...

That is so cute and sweet. Glad you've got someone he'll listen to. ;)