Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Reading list

When I was growing up, I read A LOT! I could easily go through a book a day and I loved it. I don't know what happened, but I hardly read it all anymore, unless it's a magazine. I just haven't made reading books a priority anymore. So hopefully the Spring Reading Thing hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days will help motivate me to read more. And since I'm only supposed to have 1 hour of personal computer time a day, I should have all this left over time, right? We'll see, but I'll keep the list short just in case...

Bitten - Kelley Armstrong (not my usual read, but I started it and I hate not finishing books)

The Five Love Languages of Children - Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell

At First Sight - Nicholas Sparks

Winesburg, Ohio - Sherwood Anderson

Cat's Eye - Margaret Atwood

Lake Wobegon Days - Garrison Keillor

I Will Bear Witness - Victor Klemperer

8 reviews:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm glad you decided to join the challenge! The Five Love Languages of Children is a great book, and my husband is a big Lake Wobegon fan. Enjoy your reading!

But only one hour a day of personal computer time? I don't know if I could do that!

Deena Peterson said...

You've got some interesting titles on your list! I just returned "The Four Seasons of Marriage" to the library...not bad!

Zany Mama said...

"Cat's Eye" - Ugh. That was the book that officially disbanded the book club that Ellen started. You should ask her about it sometime.

I'm just saying. That book is so awful that it can break up friendships...

Katie said...

I've heard bad things about Cat's Eye too. :-( Generally though I like Margaret Atwood. I think you'll enjoy the Five Love Languages of Children.

Anonymous said...

Great list! I was the same way when I was younger, the more books I read the happier I was. Now I'm lucky if I see a book every 6 months. You'll have to let me know how the Nicholas Sparks book is. Happy Reading! =)

Zany Mama said...

I FINALLY did that meme you tagged me for, and I just want to say before you read it - I was not saying I hated memes. I was saying that I stink at filling them out.

I am a low meme achiever. My memes are subpar. My meme-abilty is lacking.

But I still like to be tagged. :)

Alexis said...

That Love Language one looks good! I'll have to check it out! Great list. Happy reading!!!

Anonymous said...

1 hr of puter time per day? WoW! You are brave.

I have not read one Nicholas Sparks book that I have not enjoyed.

I hope you get this list accomplished, and the reading bug has been rekindled for good.