Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Name that tune

So, I love to sing. I'm not all that great, but I can hold my own I think. I'm always singing to Jake and Emma to get them to do something or just singing whatever song pops into my head at any given moment. Sometimes I don't even know I've been singing until I have a conversation like the one I had today.

Let me set the scene. I was looking over the grocery ad while Jake was coloring and using the hole punch on some paper. We're both very relaxed and lazy...

Jake: Mommy, where is it?
Me: Where's what, babe?
Jake: Where IS it?
Me: Jake, I don't know what you mean. You have to use your words, please.
Jake: Mommy, where is Funky Town?
Me: (simultaneous laughing and coughing fit)
Jake: Mommy, please don't choke.
Me: I'm trying not to, babe.
Jake: Mommy, will you take me to Funky Town? Where is it?
Me: (continuing laughing and coughing fit)
Jake: (getting upset) Mommy, please don't laugh at me...
Me: Oh Jake, I'm sorry. You just said something very funny. Funky Town is not a place, it's a song.
Jake: Oh. Will you sing it?

And so that has been the song of the evening. Daddy even got into the action when he got home. Nothing like two parents trying to brush two kids' teeth with everyone singing Funky Town. Gotta love it!

2 reviews:

Christine said...

Gotta love kids! And no more of that unconscious singing, you never know what they'll hear...

Sue said...

That is just too adorable. I love how everything is so literal with them.