Tuesday, March 13, 2007

That's a mean bean

So, I did some website work for an organization I belong to, and as a thank you, one of the ladies got me a gift. And it was a gift of food. I about melted on the spot. I love food (which is one of the main reasons that I am a devoted member of Weight Watchers). But wait...

It's jelly beans. And not just any jelly beans. Jelly Belly jelly beans. And so I start to freak out a little. Not that I don't like jelly beans. I like jelly beans as much as the next guy, but there is one thing I like more than jelly beans. I'm obsessed with it actually. I REALLY like to know what I'm about to eat. I mean, what does it taste like? And while you can't usually go wrong with sugar products, jelly beans is a different story. Unless you have all the colors memorized, you don't always know what flavor you are going to get. And forget it if you start eating an unfamiliar brand because who knows what flavor you're going to get when you put that green one in your mouth. Lime? Watermelon? Sour apple? Aaaarrggghh!! The madness!!

So you can imagine my aversion to Jelly Belly jelly beans. Seriously, how are you supposed to know what flavor you are going to get?? And what do you mean they aren't all fruit flavored? Buttered popcorn? Coffee? Some flavor that I still can't identify?? I can't take it anymore! This is five times worse than "assorted chocolates". Just tell me what I'm eating!!!

And so I feel compelled to eat every one of those jelly beans in the hope of finding some pattern, some method to the jelly bean madness. Only a few more to go...and yes, it most certainly was full.

3 reviews:

Rosie said...

I have that same problem with cookies! I just have to keep eating to find out what I need to do to make them better the next time!!

Christine said...

That is hysterical! At least they're not the ones from Harry Potter...those are gross...

Zany Mama said...

Ha ha! I read your post thinking, She really didn't eat them just because she couldn't tell what they were?

And speaking as a person with a voracious appetite, I just wasn't really understanding.

And then, of course, the picture.

Brilliant!