Monday, June 11, 2007

Bad Spelers ov the Werld Untie!

O.K. I admit it. I'm a spelling snob. Misspelled words drive me nuts, and they have for as long as I can remember. When I was in 4th grade, I out spelled an 8th grader to win an all school spelling bee. I thought I was hot stuff. No one else did. Evidently my desire for correctly spelled words can annoy some people (I have a tendency to correct Dave a lot), but I can't help it. Spelling matters to me. Maybe a little too much...

We have an hourly daycare center near us and I had to take the kids there today so I could go to a dentist's appointment. The kids love it there and I've always been really happy with the way the business is run. They have organized crafts, story time, snacks, the whole 9 yards. They'll even follow any specific potty training instructions you have if you are in the middle of that adventure with your kid(s). And besides that, they are an HOURLY daycare center. How often can you find something like that? And when you do, you shouldn't complain right? Well, they've never misspelled anything. Until today.

They provide a hand written report on what your kids did while they were there (only for the younger ones, so I only had it for Emma). It includes what they ate, what stories they read, what toys they played with, diaper changes, everything. Evidently, today Emma learned about the "grochery" store, she ate some of her "bananna" and some of her "gronola" bar. She also "triped" over here own feet while she was there and fell down.

Even just typing those incorrectly almost gave me a heart attack. I have to go now. I need to find a dictionary to read.

7 reviews:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I have a similar problem. I don't mind typos, mind you, just grossly mispelled words. ~shudders~

Dave said...

Oh my, my spelling is sooooo bad.... thank God for spell checker!!

TJ said...

i am right there with you sister. some of my biggest pet peeves are when people cannot tell the difference between their, there, and they're and your and you're.

Christine said...

I'm the same way and Jason's dyslexic. Soooo needless to say I'm his human spell-checker!

Jen said...

Very funny! ...like nails on a chalkboard- especially when it's on a posted sign.

Sue said...

That is too funny. I can see one word, but 4???

But hey - an hourly daycare center? How cool is that?

Unknown said...

OK Thea, is it day care....
OR daycare?......lol
As in adult health care center or
child day care center.