Tuesday, June 12, 2007

MDWLC - Week 5: Truth time

O.K. My goal was to maintain over the two weeks since I last weighed in. Didn't happen. I gained 2 lbs, and it's high time I get myself in check. I'm starting to feel like a bit of a hypocrite being a weekly contributor to this wonderful challenge, but then not following my own advice.

That stops now. So I'm laying it on the line. I'm telling you my weight, not just my progress, because I need some shock therapy. My sister, Kristen, and Dave are typically the only ones I tell my weight to, so this will be a big step for me.

As of today, I weigh 159. There I said it. And I will keep saying it every week as long as this or any other challenge exists.

I also need to take stock of the choices I'm making, the obstacles I'm facing, and look back and think about what has worked for me in the past. From my heaviest weight ever (192 lbs. - 4 years ago, 6 weeks after Jake was born), I have lost nearly 40 lbs (I got to 153 in February) so I know that I can do this. And we are only talking a few pounds I need to drop to get back to where I need to be. It's a completely attainable goal.

But I will only reach my goal if I work at it. I'm not going to get there on the path I'm on now.

Today is a turning point. I just threw some saboteurs in the trash (the outside STINKY trash, mind you), I will take a walk with the kids tonight, and I will come up with a new game plan.

MDWLC starting weight (5/18/07): 158
MDWLC current weight (6/12/07): 159
Loss/Gain to date: +1 lb
Goal weight for next week (6/19/07): 158

May Day Weight Loss Challenge - The Whole Schebang - http://sheet.zoho.com

12 reviews:

Denise said...

Thanks for your honesty dear one. Hang in there, you will be successful.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You've definitely taken the right step and have a great attitude. Today is a new day and start of a new week! :-D

Anonymous said...

Yay for you. You've come a long way so don't be hard on yourself.

Enjoy the process of getting and feeling healthy!

Melanie said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all give great advice, most of us just don't follow it!
You can do this! Start fresh!!

Military Mommy said...

I like your goals. Very realistic and doable. You can do this!

Good idea on sharing your weight. I find that motivates me too. ;)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That post just makes me want to applaud (and stop eating oreos!). Good for you!

The Open Range Camping Family said...

Thanks for your honesty. I still won't post my weight, but If I did, I might be more motivated to put that cookie back when I am tempted!!

Your on the right track! I love the graph thing, that is too cool!

Christine said...

Give yourself some grace! You were just on vacation. You'll get back to where you want to be in no time!

Cherie said...

Don't be too hard on yourself - you have come a long way!
Love your little graph!

Mom said...

Keep on, you can do it. It is hard to see a reversal on the scale, but it's something that we face when changing behavioral patterns. Do you journal your foods? I find that without journaling, I totally lose track of where I am with my eating. I think that my treadmill and my journal at fitday.com have been the two most important tools that have helped me so far.

Jen said...

You are so brave! I won't post my weight- probably should, but won't. You can do this, sometimes it just takes a regrouping.

Mich said...

I think your chart makes the whole thing look way dramatic!!! But better to realign yourself with a one pound gain than wait til it's a 10lb gain.

Knowing is half the battle, right? Have a great week!