Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how much better I feel this week after going to bed at 11:30 every night. O.K., almost every night. There was one where I stayed up until 12:30, and I most certainly felt it the next morning...as did anyone who had the nerve to argue with anything I said that day.

Being that it's summer time, I'm falling into the trap of letting Jake and Emma watch way too much TV. We should be out doing things. Instead, when Dave asks Jake where he went that day, Jake has every reason to answer "the couch".

So this week, I will limit the kids TV time to 1 hour. I already have a system set up to achieve this, I just have to follow through with it. Famous last words...

Check out Lara's site for other's habits!

Here are my other habits/goals for 2007:
11:30 bedtime - habit
Emma's bedtime routine - habit
Work before computer time - struggling with
8K a Day - need to get back to
Wear my pedometer - habit
R-E-S-P-E-C-T - habit
Food Journal and Scrounging - getting better
Increased personal reading time - habit (and loving it!)
Limit personal computer time - working on
1 on 1 kids time - struggling with

6 reviews:

Lara said...

Weaning kids off TV can be difficult but stick to your new rule and he will get the idea soon enough. I had to go cold turkey with my kids!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic goal! Two of my three would stay in front of the T.V. all day if I let them, even though they enjoy being outside. So, we definitely limit time, and I think that is important as we try to keep our kids healthy.

Rebecca said...

Great job on your habits & good luck this week. Limiting tv time is a great one, I need to work on that for all of us.

Scribbit said...

Good progress, I'm impressed. With summer on us my one son is constantly asking to watch tv and I'm constantly saying "NO."

Sue said...

An 11:30 bedtime? I'd die. To function, I need to be asleep by 10pm. :) Looks like you're doing really good with most of your habits.

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

This is a great goal. I started it last week and it's been hard, but totally worth it! I don't feel nearly so guilty anymore ;-) Good luck and have a SMART week!