Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MDWLC - Week 6

O.K. I threw down the gauntlet last week, and it worked. I have a 1 pound loss this week. That puts me back at where I was at the beginning of the challenge. It's not great, but I'll take it! I've got VBS this week which means tons of healthy food like tater tots and Corn Pops, but after 2 nights, I've only indulged in a brownie so I'm pretty happy with that.

Here are my goals this week:
1. Write down the food and points BEFORE I eat it. Too much lately I have been going back and writing at the end of the day and I know that there are things that I've forgotten. I'll never forget that I ate a vegetable but did I really only indulge in 1 cookie? Probably not...

2. Get to the gym 3 times. It's amazing how little I go to the gym when Dave is not around. It's something I've always struggled with and it's high time I break the cycle.

3. Lights out by 11:30pm. I've been staying up a lot later than I usually do and when I'm tired, I make bad choices!

Check out Tales from the Scales to see how everyone else is doing!

MDWLC starting weight (5/18/07): 158
MDWLC current weight (6/19/07): 158
Loss/Gain to date: 0 lb
Goal weight for next week (6/26/07): 157

May Day Weight Loss Challenge - The Whole Schebang - http://sheet.zoho.com

15 reviews:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I love your idea to write down what you eat BEFORE you eat it! I can't just see myself right now, dying for those dark chocolate chips, but not wanting to put it down on paper. I love it!!!!

Robin said...

That's really wise of you to think of going to bed earlier so you don't snack. That's one of my big problems too! I try not to eat anything after dinner but boy oh boy is it hard!
Good job this week!

Melanie said...

You have some great goals for this next week. Congrats on losing the 1 pound!

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, one pound gone bye bye, congrats.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It doesn't matter if you gained it before you lost it, a loss is a loss, and something to be proud of. Congrats!

Susanne said...

Love the graph! I think I am going to switch back to the Points Plan. Was trying the Core Plan because I had success with South Beach back in January...but let's face it...it's summer, and carbs are just flat in the picture. Plus, making myself track points and write down what I eat (love the idea to do that first) will make me regain focus. I guess the only thing to do is KEEP ON WHACKIN' til we get 'em all!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Thea, we are in the same boat-I was at the same place (actually above where I started!) last week. Hang in there and we will see less of you next week! LOL

Anonymous said...

My friends and I were just talking last night about how going to bed early keeps us out of the kitchen...and gives us time to read before dozing off! What a bonus!!!

Good luck at VBS!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good job!
I find when I am not paying attention-I mess up. So I need to pay attention.
We have VBS this week to. Last night we had cup cakes and chili hot dogs. Didn't have a problem missing out on that--we will see about tonight.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the loss. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-D

Halfmoon Girl said...

I like your graph too. Keep up the good work- my weight is coming off slowly too. It is coming though!

Mich said...

Way to go on the loss! I agree, only good things can happen when you get to bed early!

Kellie said...

Thanks for welcoming me into the challenge! I am happy to see that you've lost this week and I may hafta get a graph!

Cherie said...

I'm glad you feel better!
Thanks for visiting me! I still love your graph! Your graph is a great motivator!

Mel said...

I hear you about counting the points before eating...I am bad at counting them that night too and then thinking "Gosh that PB sundae was that many points!" Good luck staying on target with VBS. I like your Excel spreadsheet for MDWLC. Thanks for celebrating my loss with me!
Mel