Tuesday, June 26, 2007

MDWLC - Week 7

I did really well with 2/3 of my goals this week...I still haven't made it to the gym. But I walked on the treadmill and have been walking a lot in place so that I can get my steps in for the day. I've "pre-journaled" every day and have had lights out by 11:30 every night, too.

And the result? I'm done 1.5 lbs. Woohoo!!

But last Thursday, I also urged you to focus on something other than the number on the scale. And for me this week, it was the way my clothes fit. I'm noticing that the shorts I'm wearing this summer are just a little bit looser than they were a month or two ago. Now that's pretty durn exciting!!

My big challenge for the next 2 weeks will be late night snacking/dessert. I have rehearsal most every night for the next 2 weeks and I probably won't be getting home until around 10pm and my habit has always been to snack after rehearsal, whether I'm hungry or not.

And I just found a new snack. Wheat Thins Lightly Cinnamon. Have you tried them yet? No? Go out and buy a box. They're quite nostalgic for me. They remind me of a snacky dessert thing my mom used to make out of leftover homemade pie crust at Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Quite Good.

Here are my goals for this week:

  1. Work out when I'm going to make new goals, start a new journal, and weigh in. I'm confusing myself right now because I'm following a dual timeline: the challenges and my home Weight Watchers meeting. I need to sit down and figure out what I want to do when so I can save my brain. Every little bit counts.
  2. Get to the gym OR walk on the treadmill 3 days. I'm O.K. with not going to the gym if I can get myself on the treadmill. I guess that was kind of redundant...
  3. 2 servings of non-pudding dairy a day. As far as Weight Watchers is concerned, pudding is considered a dairy serving, but it probably wouldn't hurt me to make my servings of the non-sweet variety.

So there you have it! Check out Tales from the Scales to see how everyone else is doing!

MDWLC starting weight (5/18/07): 158
MDWLC current weight (6/26/07): 156.5
Loss/Gain to date: -1.5 lb
Goal weight for next week (7/3/07): 156

May Day Weight Loss Challenge - The Whole Schebang - http://sheet.zoho.com

6 reviews:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Congrats! I lost weight this past week too...sure is energizing!

Denise said...

Congrats on losing this week dear one.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on losing! My momma used to make the same cinnamon crisps from leftover pie crust. Nothing better! :-)
For late night snacks, I recommend low-fat dairy. Yogurt with fruit, high protein cereal with low-fat or skim milk.

Mom said...

Congratulations! I like your graphs on your site, those are pretty cool.

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Yay! Isn't it fun to lose weight?

I like your graph. It's nice to have a visual representation (other than seeing yourself in the mirror!) of how you're doing!

Melanie said...

Congrats on the 1.5 pounds. That is great!!