Friday, June 1, 2007

Vacation Link-o-Rama

Tomorrow is the big day! We leave tomorrow for what will be our first week long vacation as a family of 4. It also marks Emma's first hotel stay and only Jake's 2nd hotel stay.

Um, yeah. I'm a bit nervous.

BUT, we are going with an open mind and as Dave LOVES to say: "We'll play it by ear". I hate that phrase. I am very much a planner, but I'm realy proud of myself this time around. I have a list of possible activites but didn't assign them a day or time like I would've really liked to do. I have a list of restaurants that offer Kids Eat Free days. Whether we'll actually make it there remains to be seen. And being the confident person I am, we chose a city that is only a 2 hour drive from us so if there is a major meltdown (adults OR kids), we can just cut our losses and head on home. How's that for looking on the bright side?

Anyway, I'm not sure I will be reading or posting much (although Dave will have his laptop and there is free wireless in the room), so I thought I would leave a list of links that ya'll can peruse in my absence.

And please, try not to cry too hard while I'm gone!


  1. Emma is just starting to potty train (God help me) and while it's great she's asking me to go, if she asks me to go one more time, I'm going to FLIP OUT. Head on over to Shannon and Lara for a funnier, less psychotic view on the matter.
  2. I have a tendency to stress on vacation, which totally defeats the purpose of a vacation. Luckily, Laura has a reminder for the way life should be.
  3. I know she's been on The Today Show, but I just recently found Kathryn, and I couldn't agree more with her take on the Harriet Carter catalog.
  4. My friend Christine's son, Colin, is losing teeth left and right, and this picture just cracks me up!
  5. Do you like to write? Do you like contests? Do you like moose that poop candy? Then Scribbit's June Write Away Contest is the thing for you!
  6. Don't forget to check Tales from the Scales on Thursday for my weekly post!

Have a wonderful week everyone! I'll catch you on the flipside!

1 reviews:

Laura said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

Laura