Thursday, May 31, 2007

Here a meme, there a meme...

O.K. So I've been totally slacking off with my posting. To be truthful, my brain hurts. There's a lot (and I mean A LOT) going on in our house over the next few months and my brain is on overload trying to get everything ready/done/finished up.

And Emma is starting to potty train. Which is at the same time great and horrifying...

Anyway, I got tagged about a week ago by both Sue and Gumby so I'm going to do something crazy and COMBINE them (who says I can't multitask?). Gumby asks for 5 reasons for why I blog about what I blog about on my blog, and Sue asks for my 5 favorite restaurants and why they are, well, my favorite. This should be interesting...

  1. BD's Mongolian BBQ - This place rocks because you can (mostly) control what goes into your own food. You pick the ingredients along this long buffet line. You have a choice of everything from raw meat to vegetables to spices and sauces, then you take it up to this huge open air cooktop and they cook it for you. It gives Dave and I a chance to talk about the kids which provide a lot of my blog fodder. I love my kids. They are both a source of frustration and daily hilarious antics, which is why I love blogging about them.
  2. Wendy's - Gotta love any place with a drive thru that's close to almost everything you do in the world. It really helps me stay on schedule when I'm rushing around. Since having kids, I have found a new appreciation for scheduling and organization which is why I like to participate in those kind of challenges.
  3. Bob Evans - I love breakfast food. I would eat breakfast food all the time if I was allowed. I especially love their cinnamon hotcakes. Jake loves pancakes, too, and we eat the frozen variety a lot while Dave is on business travel. Dave travels a lot for work and I love to travel, too, which is why I post about our travel experiences.
  4. King's Garden - This is a local chinese place that has an awesome tofu and veggie dish. YUM! It's as pretty as a picture. I love pictures and photography which is why I love taking part in Wordless Wednesdays. (alright, that one was especially lame)
  5. Applebee's - They have great food and a whole menu that includes points values for those on Weight Watchers. I'm on Weight Watchers and participate in an online weight loss challenge. I struggle with making good food choices and I love the support I get from others in the same boat!

I did it! And in my defense, I didn't say it was going to be GOOD, I just said I was going to do it. I'm supposed to tag 5 people for each meme, but I'm just going to do 5 people total. Do one, do both, combine them, ignore me...The choice is yours!!

Zany Mama
Beth
Christine
Kimberly
Laura

5 reviews:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow - you combined the two memes beautifully!

Christine said...

oh, good, it's the same one Sue tagged me with. I'll get to it next week.

Gumby said...

great job at combining!

Zany Mama said...

Fabulous combining on this one. I'll do my best to make you proud on my version.

Sue said...

Very interesting combining the 2 memes. Great way to multitask.

:)