Monday, October 1, 2007

One for the record books

Sometimes when I do scrapbooking, I'll make theme albums (as opposed to just the everyday pics of us in the backyard). I've done a couple already and I have plans to do 2 or 3 more. I have started one for Jacob's school years and am going to make one for Emma's school years, too. Also, I really, REALLY need to do my my wedding album. I think 6.5 years is a long enough wait, don't you?

Well, I've got an all day crop coming up at the end of the month so I thought I would get my backside in gear and buy all the stuff I needed to do the albums. When I do a theme album, I came up with one layout that I use on every page. I also use all the same materials on each page so that when all I have to do is put the pictures in. Basically, every page is the same except for the pictures. It sounds boring, but it actually looks kind of nice.

Anyway, I went to the store to buy all the paper I would need for 2 theme albums. I bought multiple sheets of 4 different patterned papers. When it was all said and done, I had 103 pieces of paper in my cart.

And the cashier? Yeah, she rang up every single one...individually. She literally put each piece of my 103 papers through the scanner. I couldn't believe it. And the conversation Emma and I had going was riveting, I tell ya.

Emma: What's that sound?
Me: It's the cash register.
Emma: What she dooying?
Me: Ringing up my paper so I can pay for it.
Emma: What's that sound?
Me: It's the cash register.
Emma: What she dooying?
Me: Ringing up my paper so I can pay for it.

She literally kept asking the same 2 questions the entire time. And I'm not even exaggerating for the sake of a good story. The exact same 2 questions for what seemed like 4 hours straight. O.K., now that was an exaggeration. Really it was 6 hours straight. When the cashier was all done ringing up 103 pieces of paper, it took her 30 minutes to fold the receipt up into a small enough wad to fit in my purse.

So what do I do when I get home? Take a picture of course! The first one of the receipt all by its lonesome on my counter didn't quite have the effect that I wanted, so I forced payed asked the kids to lay down next to it. Now that is one LOOOOOOOONG receipt!

4 reviews:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Love it!!! Cashiers crack me up sometimes!!! I want to see a picture of your scrapbook now :)

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, My, Gosh.

Sue said...

Holy moly. You are patient. Once I bought maybe 10 pieces of scrapbook paper for a friend and I thought that was bad. LOL

Gotta love how inquisitive (sp?) they are. :)

cynderloowho said...

Are you sure you weren't shopping at Chico's? No, no..couldn't have been because we do ring things faster and the receipt would have red pen marks ALL over it because you returned most of the stuff. Think it is so cool that you do scrapbooking...wish I were more crafty. Oh and by the way....you DO rock my world!