Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Traveling

I like to travel. Sadly, my pocketbook does not match my imagination so I am left with just looking at pictures of pretty places on the internet. If I had unlimited resources, here are 13 of the places that I would visit in the world.

Windmill in Copenhagen, DenmarkDenmark - My dad was born there and moved here when he was 7. He just went back for the first time this summer. I would love to go there and just walk around the streets of the town he lived in.

Belem Tower of Lisbon, PortugalPortugal - My mom was born in Lisbon and they came over when she was just a baby. They had to live there because of my grandfather's job, so she is not Portuguese. I still think it would be cool, though.

Michaelangelo's David in Florence, ItalyItaly - Dave has been on a tour of Italy and he's always said that if he could go back to any place in Italy, it would be Florence. Who am I to argue??

Blarney Castle in IrelandIreland - I could listen to an Irish accent all. day. long. And pictures that I have seen of it are just breathtaking.

Uluru (Ayers Rock) in the Australian OutbackAustralia - Kangaroos, Koalas, Ayers Rock, Anthony Wiggle Field...

Greek church on Amorgos IslandGreece - There's just something about those white buildings against the blue sea that makes we want to cry with happiness every time i see a picture.

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in CanadaBanff, Canada - Another place that Dave has visited that he said we would definitely have to go back to.

Great Wall of ChinaChina - I would love to walk part of the Great Wall. And the temples. And the artwork. And the food. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that actual Chinese food is much different than my local Chinese restaurant.

African ElephantAfrica - As much as I am freaked out by wildlife, I think it would be too cool to go on a Safari. Lions and Tigers and... never mind.

Geyser in IcelandIceland - I honestly never thought I would have heard myself say that, but the Amazing Race went there one time and it really did look beautiful.

Cow and Telephone in Dartmoor, EnglandEngland - Yeah, Dave's been here, too. He's kind of like my own personal tour guide. He goes to all these places for business (or pleasure, before we had met) and then tells me how wonderful they are. I think I'd like to go to the countryside more than the big cities, but I think London would just be awesome.

Church of Our Lady before Týn, PraguePrague - I don't know if I would've ever picked this one on my own, but I am going to have a chance to go here in 2009 with...you guessed it...Dave. He's going to have a week long conference there so I'll mainly be on my own during the day, but I figure if I can do Tokyo solo, I can do Prague solo, too. Now if only I can get my mom and dad to stay with the kids for a week...again.

Maui, Hawaii - end of The 7 PoolsHawaii - I think I would go just for the waterfalls. Dave and I started planning a trip, but we didn't realize how expensive it would be. I think this is going to have to be a long term planning type of thing...not like any of the other places listed WOULDN'T be, but whatever.


Visit other Thursday Thirteen lists!

12 reviews:

Terri said...

Any of these places I would love to go to, but Ireland and England are at the top of my list right now.

Great Thursday Thirteen post.

k said...

i'm dreaming of travel too now- great list & pics

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to every place on your list! But if I had to pick just one? Greece.

Great TT post!

Anonymous said...

I love to visit those places too..

Deb said...

Great list! I'd love to visit Ireland, Australia and England some day... :)

Rims said...

Wow I myself am a travel freak (although I travel in my own internet world ), I loved the places you want to visit...Hope you visit them all

Happy TT

Anonymous said...

I would love to visit all thoses places too, but Scotland is the place I would go first if I had the funds. I hope you get to all of them. Great TT. Happy Friday!

Bloggers said...

all are beautiful.

my 13 is up on
working at home mom

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog!! I've been to hawaii twice, (I'm not a very tropical person, I'm heat sensative.( It was still fun, and I got to parasail.

Christine said...

I've been to Iceland (on a cruise with Jason and his aunt and uncle) and Hawaii (on a highschool marching band trip). Iceland is beautiful, I would definitely return. Hawaii is beautiful too, though I would probably want to go to the smaller islands next time- we were only on the main island. Love your other choices! Italy's top on my list, Greece is there too, but I don't think I could ever deal with the plane trip to Australia.

Anonymous said...

As a Brit, I hope you enjoy England. And I guarantee you that you'll love Prague!

TJ said...

jealous that you get to go to prague!! i've been to ireland, and it was amazing. i only got a weekend (i was living in germany at the time) but it was real ireland as i was staying with a friend that is irish. i actually feel like i belong in europe more than i belong here in the US. but maybe its just cause i went from living in germany to living in texas. thats a bit of a rough transition. i hope you get to go to all of those places!!