Wednesday, October 17, 2007

LW 08 - Week 4

I'm down a pound this week! Woohoo! It's amazing what happens when you actually GO to the gym instead of just PAYING to go to the gym...LOL! I did learn a few things this week, though:

  1. Do not attempt to do 4 sets of any weight routine when you haven't lifted anything in 6 or 8 months.
  2. Do not start a new weight routine for your arms the day before you are supposed to bowl. You WILL NOT have control over your own limbs.
  3. Do practice some restraint when tempted with graham crackers and PB...serious trap!
  4. Do not stop stretching completely just because your legs felt good for 8 whole hours. The feeling will not last.
Visit Tales from the Scales to check out other people's progress!

10/17/07 weight: 157
10/24/07 weight: 154-157
This week's goal - No Starbucks special drinks!!!

Winning Outcome for Lose Weight in 2008 Challenge
“I will to maintain my weight between 154 lbs and 157 lbs throughout this challenge. I will increase weight training to 2 times a week. I will continue to do cardio work for 3 or 4 days a week. I will walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps a day EVERY DAY.”

7 reviews:

Mich said...

Nicely done!!! i know those fancy drinks are hard to resist, but the joy is SO fleeting.

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed - you went to the gym! Good for you.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Your post cracked me up. So what was that bowling score, anyway!? LOL
Congrats on the loss!

Dave said...

NO STARBUCKS?????

I like the background!

Diana Swallow said...

Congrats on the pound AND getting back to the gym!!

Melanie said...

Congrats on the pound!

Starbucks can be so addicting. Hope you are able to resist.

Real World Martha said...

I have a "new diet" that you may want to read about. It just might make your day. Check it out if you like:
http://realworldmartha.wordpress.com