Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Costumes

This is the first year that Jacob has actually had an opinion and understood about dressing up for Halloween. Last year when we asked him what he wanted to be, his answer would change every day. We finally just said "Hey, how about the easiest costume to find the cheapest costume on eBay Spiderman?" He was thrilled, and so was I. I'm all about cheap and easy!

This year, his answer has been the same from the start: a ghost. Can't get much easier than that, especially when my mom is making the costume! And that got me thinking about the costumes I wore in years past for Halloween. But I could only come up with 10, and I couldn't think of another TT for today, so I'm taking some liberties and expanding my eligible costumes to include costumes I wore in shows. Because I can. So there.

  1. Punk girl - I nearly died for this one...I promised I wouldn't take my sister's earring, then did, then lost it and never found it. Good times.
  2. Daphne Blake - 4 of us from a place I worked dressed up like the Scooby Doo characters. I had the costume right down to the shoes, baby. This is one of my all time favorites.
  3. School girl turned vampire - I was so cool back then.
  4. A bum
  5. Animal from The Muppets - that was the hottest mask I've ever worn in my life.
  6. A demented doctor - lots of blood
  7. A car accident victim - lots of blood and bandages
  8. A public school kid - I went to Catholic schools for 12 years, this one was a given once I got cheeky enough to go through with it.
  9. Princess Leia - I was hot. Literally and figuratively.
  10. A gypsy - Of course, the year I go with a fairly skimpy costume, it was FREEZING outside.
  11. A cheerleader for Grease - If you only knew me In Real Life, then you would know exactly how funny this scenario is. I played Patty Simcox and yes, Grease is the word.
  12. Sally Brown for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown - Who says Sally can't be 5'9" with red hair??
  13. A jester in King Arthur's Calamity - I mentioned before how much I hated this show. The purple and pink jester costume with gold lame curled toe boots is just one more reason why.
Visit other Thursday Thirteen lists!

10 reviews:

Sue said...

Those are great. I'd love to seep pics of you in all those costumes. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun list!!! Those are all great, creative costumes

jenn said...

They sound like great costumes!
Happy TT!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You made a cute Sally!

Joyismygoal said...

FuN I forgot I was a gypsy too

Montserrat said...

I had so much fun dressing up for Halloween as a child. We live out in the boondocks so my kids miss out on that. Thank goodness our bookmobile lady throws a Halloween party for them every year just so they can dress up!

You make a great Sally!

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, have had far more costume creativity than I ever have. I wanted to be snuffleupagus once, but somehow wound up more like an old fake bear rug with sneakers sticking out from under it....

Happy TT!

Sleeping Mommy said...

Great costumes. I'm kind of jealous of all of you who had a variety of cool costumes. I was always either a bum or some kind of zombified ghoul. That's the extent--except for the year I wore my sisterinlaw's renaissance costume.

http://sleepingmommy.com/?p=383

Anonymous said...

Great list! Fun costumes. Have a fantastic weekend!

Gumby said...

Who's the whale in the yellow shirt?