Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

My son Jacob loves his TV. He watches more than he probably should...but so did I when I was a kid and I grew up to be a fairly healthy adult so right now I'm not too concerned about it. I monitor what he watches so I know it's age appropriate (he's 4)...but there's still one age appropriate show that I can't stand. And guess what! It's his new favorite show. Oh, the joy.


Here are 13 reasons I hate Boohbah.




  1. Their names: Humbah, Zumbah, Zing Zing Zingbah, Jumbah, and Jingbah

  2. They don't have mouths. That's just weird.

  3. The sound they make when they came out of their pods. It's sounds like a bodily function.

  4. The opening song. Here are the words "Boohbah, Boohbah, Boohbah, Booh". Repeat 10x, progressively getting louder.

  5. The target age group is 3-6. I just don't see how a 6 year old would dig this.

  6. The Storypeople creep me out.

  7. The Look What I Can Do! segment consists of children doing a repetive movement a gazillion times. If you watch closely, you can see where it's a video on a continuous loop. 10 times independently is one thing. A gazillion times on a loop gets on your nerves.

  8. The music. Electonic Techno stuff.

  9. The colors. I know it's supposed to be a kids show, but it's so BRIGHT!

  10. The fact that since we don't see it when it's regularly brodcast, Jacob watches it On Demand...which means there are only 2 episodes that he keeps watching over. And over. And over.

  11. And over.

  12. That Jacob LOVES IT!

Visit other Thursday Thirteen lists!

10 reviews:

jenn said...

I've never even heard of this show, and somehow, from your descroption of it, I'm okay with that!
Happy TT!

Holly said...

I haven't heard of this either, but it vaguely reminds me of Tele-Tubbies, which I HATED but my children loved when they were little.

I'm so glad my children are too old for shows like this now.

*shudder*

Anonymous said...

I don't have children, but was once subjected to this show when I watched a friends little girl. They creep me out!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I hate this show! Teletubbies is genius compared to these wierdo thingies. They're like some bad acid trip that you hear about from the sixties.

Gumby said...

I used to love watching the Telletubbies. Especially while doing poppers.

Wakela said...

Wow! This show sounds down right scary! I am so glad that I don't have any kids around watching it. I think I would throw out the TV.

Anonymous said...

Racecar used to LOOOOVE this crazy show!

I love this post!

Twisted Cinderella said...

I hate that show too!

Christine said...

Psssst...where's the 13th?

I hate them too, BTW.

tammi said...

And what is it about these shows that appeals to kids old enough to go do something else or change the channel??!!! I haven't seen this one either, but we've been quick to change the channel when Teletubbies, Barney, or BedBugs and the girls have survived, so I'm pretty sure they can live without this one, too!!