Wednesday, October 10, 2007

LW 08 - Week 3

O.K. I maintained this week, but I'm telling ya, it's not because of anything I actually did. I didn't do any cardio. I didn't do any weights. I didn't walk 8k-10k a day. I ate past 9pm. And I made pumpking muffins. And here's a little word to the wise, they can only be considered Weight Watchers friendly muffins if you only eat 1...maybe 2. But definitely not 3 and then the equivalent of 2 more in batter. I'm just saying....
For no apparent reason, I've been having a lot of aching pains in my hip flexors. It's been coming and going for a week or two and it actually got to the point where I was considering calling the doctor about it. Then Dave suggested something...maybe I should try stretching. Because I am most decidedly unstretchy. I can't even touch my toes. I lean over from the waist and my hands dangle around the area of my knees. But, whatever. So I've been taken 5 minutes in the morning and evening to do some simple stretching, and the aching is almost entirely gone! So that's my goal for this week!
Visit Tales from the Scales to check out other people's progress!

10/3/07 weight: 158
10/10/07 weight: 158
This week's goal - 5 minutes stretching in morning and evening


Winning Outcome for Lose Weight in 2008 Challenge
“I will to maintain my weight between 154 lbs and 157 lbs throughout this challenge. I will increase weight training to 2 times a week. I will continue to do cardio work for 3 or 4 days a week. I will walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps a day EVERY DAY.”

11 reviews:

Everything Counts said...

Well, I'll say whatever I want!!! (O;

Maintaining your weight is definitely better than adding to it!!! I know when I start exercising again I will be sore!!!

The other day I started to exercise, and even just a couple of minutes of it I could feel the next day!

Have a great week!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Way to maintain! Sounds like stretching is the key for no pain.
Path to Health

Mamacita Tina said...

Stretching is definitely beneficial to our health. I know I need to do more of it.

Maintaining while eating pumpkin muffins, whew.

Mom said...

I am so glad that despite the muffin mania, there was just maintenance and no gain. Now if it had been chocolate chip cookies, maybe it would have been different, but you are making good choices. I can't wait until I am in maintenance. But even tonite I learned a great lesson about accidental binging and it hit me hard that we are not going to stop learning in this life until we stop breathing.

Melanie said...

You Rock My World.... But really, Congrats on maintaining! Keep up the stretching so you don't get a serious injury.

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to do more stretching. I've read that it really is good for you.

My hip flexors gave me pains when I was first pregnant. hmmmm?

Simplymoi said...

Great job on maintaining :) Thanks for the message!

Anonymous said...

You Rock My World.

(and great job maintaining!)

Kellie said...

I did the same thing once with diet coke cupcakes. They WERE WW friendly...until I started eating them in multiples! :D Good goin' on maintaining!

Diana Swallow said...

I think this is the great thing about exercise. It allows you to have some wiggle room in your diet. You can take some time off and not gain because the muscle you've built from exercising is working for you...hopefully that made sense

Cherie said...

Stretching is so great. But I always either forget or am in such a hurry to get working out over with I skip it. And usually when I take the time to stretch I ALWAYS usually feel better.
Have a wonderful week!