Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I did it.

I finally did it.

I got my first haircut in over a year. And I got nearly 7 inches cut off. And I did it a week ago.

And I still don't have an "after" picture of myself yet.

I know, I know. How could I not have a picture?? That's like a cardinal sin in the blogging world! Well, in the past week, I haven't seen anybody who would be able to take my after picture! Dave has been super busy (his play opens on Friday) so he's been at rehearsals nonstop and I don't trust my 4 year old to take a decent picture of my locks.

But I couldn't wait anymore. I dutifully took my before pictures to get ready for today's post...but still no afters. (Sigh)

But I really did do it. I swear!

8 reviews:

Kassie said...

Brave! I'm working up to that myself, although I don't have 7 inches to cut off. Actually I dont' have a hard time cutting my hair, just finding a stylist I like.

Anonymous said...

OH MY! I can't wait to see the after picture!

A whole year without a haircut? WOW, I can't even imagine!

Anonymous said...

I'm another who will let her hair grow out for a year and then chop it all off again. Something about the dramatic change just makes it more exciting or something, I'm not sure.

And you know, some of my favorite pictures of me have come from my now 5 year old. Even when they have no idea what they are doing they occasionally manage to get a really good shot in. I do hope you will find someone to take a picture and share with us before it grows back out. ;-)

Lara said...

So how short is it? I'm finally getting used to my short hair. It was quite a shock! I love how easy it is to comb. Can't wait to see yours!

Montserrat said...

I cut off a ton of my hair once. I loved it! But then I got tired of short hair and grew it out again.

Anonymous said...

I just cut about 4 inches off. It's amazing how light your head becomes! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I cut 10 inches off my hair in January, and I'm loving it! I haven't had it that short in over 10 years, and with a new baby, it is great!

Also, I updated my blog regarding the Deceptively Delicious book. I think that you have to work the technique into your usual cooking routine. She suggests making up purees and freezing them to keep meal prep simple.

Have a great day!

Monkey Kisses said...

OH my.. well your going to have to get us a picture!