Wednesday, October 24, 2007

LW 08 - Week 5

I maintained this week, so I'm pretty happy with that. I had Starbucks twice and I only had a cup of normal coffee each time. When Dave first read my goal for last week, he thought I meant no Starbucks at all and he nearly hyperventilated. He was very relieved to find out I meant no lattes. The Pumpkin Spice Latte Season (some people call it Autumn or Fall) is marked on my calendar far in advance. Those things are like a drug to me. SO GOOD! But I didn't have a single on last week. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

I really need to get a reign on my nighttime eating. It's starting to take on a life of it's own? Any suggestions from all of you wise readers??

Visit Tales from the Scales to check out other people's progress!

10/17/07 weight: 157
10/24/07 weight: 157
This week's goal - No food after 9pm

Winning Outcome for Lose Weight in 2008 Challenge
“I will to maintain my weight between 154 lbs and 157 lbs throughout this challenge. I will increase weight training to 2 times a week. I will continue to do cardio work for 3 or 4 days a week. I will walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps a day EVERY DAY.”

4 reviews:

Anonymous said...

First, you *had* to mention blizzards! I only have one about every year or two (except when I was pregnant!), but they are so good! And I'm doing the exact same Starbucks thing; I tried no lattes, then I "pretended" a caramel macchiato was not a latte (I mean, it's the same ingredients, isn't it?), then non fat mochas...now I can only get drip coffee or tea there. That's my rule, I'm going to try to stick to it for at least 3 weeks. And, your haircut looks awesome! Wow!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I love starbucks, too...I have a grande non fat latte with sugar free syrup (usually vanilla) for only 3 points....a treat WELL worth the point spending. But I understand if it is a trigger for you....

My advice for the night time eating is to have a plan for each moment in the night...something to do that keeps you busy....and I drink hot herbal tea or a bottle of water to keep my mouth busy.

You are doing really well, though!! See you next week!

Mich said...

I know what you mean about "pumpkin spice latte" season!! I managed to stick to plain coffee as well this week--easier on the waistline and the pocketbook!

As for night time eating, I try to keep my hands busy--the laptop is good for that. Going through pictures for album, folding laundry, whatever I can do so that my hands are busy when I finally sit down to watch TV is what helps me.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Doing things with your hands is the key for me not snacking. If I'm scrapbooking or quilting, I forget to eat. Congrats on maintaining!
Someone posted a couple pumpkin spice latte recipes to make 'em at home during the last challenge. One was only 2 points, I think. I'll have to see if I can find them and when I do, I'll put 'em on my blog.
Path to Health