Monday, September 24, 2007

Turn It On Again

I'm a big 'ol Phil Collins and Genesis fan. It's something that I kind of "inherited" from my sister since she's an even bigger Phil Fan. We went to together to see Genesis when the came to town 15 years ago for their We Can't Dance Tour. We went together when Phil came through on his First Final Farewell Tour 2 years ago.


So when we heard that Genesis was reuniting for their first tour in 15 years (aptly named The Turn It On Again Tour) AND coming to the States AND coming to our town...well, you probably heard the screams around the world. Immediately followed by tears. Immediately followed by us checking the funds in our respective bank accounts. Because if we had to give blood every day in order to pay for the tickets, well, we better get going...

Genesis - Turn It On Again
The concert was this past weekend. And can I just say....SHUT UP! Oh my God, it was so good. It kind of sucked when the lady down the row from us threatened to call security if my sister and I didn't sit down. But you know what? It's a concert! A Genesis concert! The first Genesis concert in 15 YEARS! And we were going to stand if we wanted to! At least until we both thought that if it came down to standing up or getting beer thrown on us, maybe sitting wasn't so bad. We did pop up for a few songs, but I have never seen so many people sitting before! It was nuts.


They played the familiar songs from the 80s mixed in with some ones I wasn't so familiar with (mostly from the early days), and of course there was the drum battle/duet between Phil and Chester Thompson. I'm telling you, I would pay top dollar just to hear the two of them go at it for 2.5 hours. They rock...if you'll pardon the expression.


Anyway, a good time was had by all and I'm glad that we shelled out the money to go see them. There's something about seeing a band on their last tour (poopy patrons and all) that just can't compare with many other things.


On a totally unrelated note, the answer was indeed wigs. Why on God's green earth would someone buy a wig for a dog? Do they really have that much disposable income that they are buying hair pieces for their pooch? Again...SERIOUSLY??

1 reviews:

tammi said...

Ahhhh, so that's the sound I heard...!

I'm a huge Phil fan myself, especially when he's with Genesis. Sounds like you had an awesome time! I bet they put on an absolutely amazing show!