Friday, November 23, 2007

Making a list and checking it twice

To all of you crazy sleep deprived determined folks out there who got up at last night to go shopping, I commend you. I don't really understand you, but I commend you. That takes courage.

I have my shopping list almost all done, except for Emma. I just don't have her figured out yet. She doesn't play with toys really, but she loves her some stuffed animals. I hate to spend her budget all on Care Bears though, so we might have to do some serious thinking on that one.

Serious thinking is not my strong suit. So maybe Care Bears aren't so bad. Or a Cabbage Patch Kid with red hair....oooh...I'm liking that idea.

Anyway, once I have my shopping list totally done, I'll hopefully be able to get everything I need on Amazon. Gotta love free shipping...and not having to leave the house to face all the crazy sleep deprived determined folks out there hitting the stores.

5 reviews:

tammi said...

Here in Canada, the big shopping day is the day after Christmas (Boxing Day -- appropriately named in more ways than one!), but I choose to never go shopping that day. I don't really like shopping to begin with, so crowded malls.... yeah, not going to happen. Although, I have to admit, the old-lady fisticuffs are dang funny!! I'm with you though -- eBay and Amazon are my best friends this time of year!

carrie said...

I was out at 4am thank you very much ;) We have a couple of online order only things to get and some stocking stuffers and then we are DONE!

Karen said...

I'm not a Black Friday girl either. I've done it twice, and I'm not sure I'll ever do it again. The deal had better be really really good....i.e. free.
We did head to Easton, but we didn't get there until 6:30PM! Bought exactly two things that were #1 on the list of things to get and #2 were not on some mega-sale. Then we saw Enchanted. :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Yeah, stores get pretty scary this time of year.

Gumby said...

you really need to visit Build-a-Bear at Easton. I love that place. You pick the animal/doll, you pick out a heart for it, they stuff it for you - it's a really sweet experience.