Friday, November 9, 2007

Taking a breather...

Thankfully, my hand is feeling much better today so I thought I'd try to write a post with substance...and type with 2 hands. It's the little things in life, really...

The last few weeks, I have not been paying very much attention to my calendar when it comes to scheduling new things. This is everything I've had to do this week:

Sunday: Sang at 9:30am service, home by 11:00 and back out the door by 11:05 to go to the grocery. Got home by 1pm, out the door by 2:15pm to take Jake to Christmas Pageant rehearsal, back home to make dinner, after dinner made a snack for monthly Mom's group get together on Monday morning. I made enough to hopefully last 2 or 3 days at our house (Jake loves him some muffins).

Monday: Went to Mom's group from 9:15am to 11:15am. Relaxed (read: blogged) in the afternoon. Made dinner and then went to another meeting Monday night.

Tuesday: Took Jake to school and then ate an unbelievably unhealthy a really good breakfast in the car. I shopped at Wal-Mart for nearly 2 hours then picked the only self-checkout lane that was broken. I picked Jake up from school, took both kids to the bad spelling daycare, so I could go to the doctor about my hand. I called my parents once I got to the doctor to ask them if they could pick the kids up from the bad spelling daycare because the doctor was 45 minutes behind. I waited 45 minutes for them to tell me that I have tendinitis and a possible chipped bone in my hand. On the way to the x-ray facility, I stopped and ate an unbelievably unhealthy a really good lunch in the car. I waited 30 minutes to get x-rays and then went to the pharmacy to pick up an ungodly sized pill bottle and wrist brace. While picking up my prescription, I remembered that I was supposed to bring snack for bowling on Wednesday and picked up an unbelievably unhealthy a really good cinnamon pound cake and grapes. I called Dave to ask him to pick up an unbelievably unhealthy a really good dinner on the way home (hey, at least I was sitting at a table this time).

Wednesday: I took the kids to school and went to bowling...even though I couldn't bowl. I ate too much unbelievably unhealthy really good cinnamon pound cake and grapes. I came home and had lunch and then put the kids down for naps. I tried to read and comment on blogs while trying to mouse and type only using my left hand. I finally had a decent meal for dinner and headed off to choir practice until 9pm. Come home and had ice cream.

Thursday: Took Jake to school and came home with Emma to...do nothing. I finally started feeling a little normal with my hand. Got a call to confirm that our furniture will be arriving between 9:30am and 1:30pm tomorrow. Got another call to confirm that our microwave will be repaired between 1:00pm and 5:00pm tomorrow. Got another call to confirm that the kids have to be at the doctor at 10:00am tomorrow. Got some stuff done around the house and remembered that I was supposed to bring snack for the preschool board meeting that night. Since the first batch of muffins didn't make it past Tuesday, I made more muffins, hopefully to last 2 or 3 days at our house (Jake really loves him some muffins). I went and had an unbelievably HEALTHY lunch with Dave and the kids. Relaxed (read: blogged) in the afternoon. Ate dinner and headed off to preschool meeting where 2 other people also thought it was there turn to bring in snack. I had 1 brownie, 2 muffins, 2 cookies, and 3 pieces of Halloween candy...then tried not to explode during the meeting.

Friday: In light of the furniture being delivered at the exact same time that the kids had to be at the doctor, Dave had to work from home this morning. I Took the kids to the doctor and came home. The furniture was delivered 30 minutes after I got home, and we realized the furniture showroom must be much more spacious than our sunroom because the chairs look huge. We wiped the half chewed carrots off the brand new chairs because Emma spits a little when she talks with carrots in her mouth. I put Emma to bed late because the microwave repair guy got there right when I would normally be putting her down. I paid the microwave repair guy and thanked heaven that one of the two parts that broke had a 5 year warranty (instead of 1 year like the rest of the microwave) and actually costs more than the microwave itself. I put Jake down for his nap and realize that I REALLY want to type something...anything...with two hands and put up an insanely long rambling post...

0 reviews: