Monday, November 5, 2007

My Growing Boy

I think we are in the midst of a pretty major growth spurt for Jacob. It remains to be seen, though, if it will manifest itself in some serious weight gain or some serious inches gained. And at 4 years old, he's got pounds and inches to spare on most of his peers.

As of today, he's 3' 8.5" and weighs 48.5 pounds. That's 94th % and 93rd % respectively. And he just started wearing size 6 clothes. For the first time at Target, we had to cross the aisle. Honestly, we probably could have crossed 6 months ago, but my son is only 4 and I had a hard time wrapping my mind around that.

The other day for lunch he had 3 hot dogs, a yogurt, fruit, and 2 glasses of milk. Yesterday, it was 2 sandwiches, yogurt, fruit and pretzels. He finishes what used to be a full meal, and then promptly asks for more.

I'm not sure I can keep up with him at this rate. I might just have to start showing him how to cook, because Dave and I can't keep the food coming fast enough for him.

Oh wait. I guess someone needs to show me how to cook first...

2 reviews:

tammi said...

Oh my goodness! I'd have a tough time keeping up with that, too!!! I've got two little girls who eat like birds and only occasionally eating more than a few choice morsels, so this kind of a change would be a shock! (Haha, my 5-1/2-yr old and 3-yr old were both wearing size TWO shorts this last winter!!!!)

tammi said...

I mean summer. My kids wear shorts in summer, not winter!! Time for bed, I guess.