Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Here we go again

Jacob fell at school today. It was bad enough that they had to call me to come in. It seems he tripped and fell onto the step of the playground equipment and his mouth took the brunt of the fall. His front tooth went into his bottom lip leaving a puncture wound and he has a cut on the outside of his mouth from the equipment. There was so much blood at school that they thought the tooth had come clean, through, but it didn't. His tooth was knocked loose so we headed to the dentist (a place that Jacob is sadly all too familiar with)...
Bottom line...
This:

could become this:

We've got a follow up appointment in 3 weeks to see if it's healed enough to avoid extraction. I don't think it's going to make it. Before Jake had the first one pulled, the dentist told us that the tooth that got hurt today had suffered "a previous trauma" and may have to come out, too. It was spared that time, but I'm not sure it's going to make it through again.

On the bright side, Jake is developing quite a collection of things he got to pick from the dentist's toy chest. Good thing for me that I won this today! Thanks, Laura!

5 reviews:

Sue said...

The poor guy. I hope he doesn't lose his tooth.

I've heard I look like Christine, but never that I sound like her. Do you think I can sing like her too? ;)

Congrats on the prize!

Gumby said...

I just tagged you for a meme

Christine said...

Yikes, not again!!! He looks cute either way, though!

Zany Mama said...

Do you mean Dr. Baloy (or in my house, Dennis?)

Cause maybe your kid just wants reasons to see the good doctor. That place is like crack for children.

Scribbit said...

Ouch, that's when I'm glad I have a dentist in the family.

We had a snowboarding accident this winter that did a number on one of the boy's teeth.

So sorry for him.