Friday, May 25, 2007

To have and to hold

Tomorrow is our 6 year anniversary. It really is amazing to me that it's been 6 years. I am so lucky to have married my best friend. The vows I made to him 6 years ago or more true today than they ever have been.

I, Thea, take you, Dave, to be my husband and friend. Before God, our family, and friends, I promise to be your constant companion, to walk beside you when times are good, to walk before you if you need to be shown the way, and to walk behind you if you feel like you are going to fall. I promise to be your best friend, co-consipirator, confidante, and biggest fan. Noone was ever necessary in my life until I found you.

The day itself seems like a blur, I only remember bits and pieces of what happened at the ceremony and reception. They were both filled with music and singing, though, just like our days are filled with music and singing now (although the songs and voices are a little bit different). Happy Anniversary to the man who has helped me to discover everyday that happiness is closer than I think.
You are my home, you make me strong
And in this world of strangers, I belong to someone
You are all I know, you're all I have
I won't let go
Happy Anniversary, Dave!! I love you!!

7 reviews:

Sue said...

Happy Anniversary to you! We just had our 6 year anniversary on May 6th - we're only 20 days apart. :) Between kids and life, we finally went out to dinner to celebrate last weekend. It was nice to get out the 2 of us. Strange how 6 years can feel like so long, yet have gone by so fast. But lots change in 6 years - 2 kids and such. ;)

I hope you have a great day together!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

We just had our six year anniversary on the 10th - Hope yours is as a happy a day as ours was!

Anonymous said...

congrats from B Kile and D Brommer ... y'all need to stop by Ciao soon!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!! We love you guys!

Dave said...

I love you more than you will ever know

Gumby said...

Late Happy Anniversary!

Zany Mama said...

What wonderful vows. I'm actually touched. (But don't tell anyone, okay? It might ruin my stret cred.)