Saturday, May 5, 2007

So I did not do at all well with my habit this week, but I had a good excuse: my pedometer actually broke on Sunday. And since I wasn't about to count all my steps in my head, I kind of let this one go.

I feel like I've been struggling with my time management this week. And actually, it's something I always struggle with. I've never been very good at setting limits for myself. I put things off, and put things off and then try to do a mad dash of things at the very end of the day. I then proceed to feel crappy about myself because I couldn't get it all done.

So, this week, I am going to go onto autopilot. I'm just going to maintain what I've been doing so far, because I'm not sure that I can add one more thing to my plate. I'm starting to get discouraged with myself (and that spiraling, unsettling feeling of loss of control) which is usually the tell tale sign that I'm taking on too much. So I am going to stop and smell the roses this week, spend some good old fashioned down time with the kids and the hubby, and just slow down.

Check out Lara's site for other's habits!

Here are my other habits/goals for 2007:
8K a Day - on hold
Wear my pedometer - on hold
R-E-S-P-E-C-T - mostly a habit
Food Journal and Scrounging - working on
Increased personal reading time - habit
Limit personal computer time - working on
1 on 1 kids time - working on

6 reviews:

Jen said...

Hi Thea,
I struggle with time management too. I've done terribly with it this week. :)
Enjoy the down time with your family and I'm sure once you regroup you'll be all set to tackle your new goals.

Mercy said...

What a great habit! To enjoy life. You hit my meditation that I've been having for awhile now right on the head. Putting things off then running around and not enjoy the work set before you. Yep, that's where I'm struggling too.

Have a great week!!
~Mercy~

An Ordinary Mom said...

Great idea! When I get overwhelmed, I also need to stop and slow down and only concentrate on my highest priorities. Good luck this week!

Lara said...

I have had to cut way back on our activities in order to get some peace. Spending the evenings reading with the family is all we need and it's given me some of my sanity back.

Try to have a relaxing week!

Christine said...

DOn't get discouraged! Take it one step at a time.

And I just realized you've already been tagged for the 7 things meme (that rotten sis of mine!) but since you're making Zany Mama do 14, why don't you do some more! (Seriously, though, you don't have to)

:)

Andrea said...

What a great idea. HOpe you are enjoying your week so far.