Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fluid Levels

My poor Emma is sick. She's got a nasty stuffed up nose, which means increased drooling since her mouth is hanging open because she can't breathe. And it all ends up in her hair when she's lying down. And I think she might be teething, too, which only adds to the saliva factory. Oh, and did I mention she's potty training?

I'm up to my eyeballs in Emma's bodily fluids, people, and I forgot my boots and gloves.

We've been potty training for a little while now, if you want to call it that. She kind of took the bull by the horns on this one and one day announced she had to use the potty. I, of course, thought she was kidding so I was thoroughly shocked when she actually went. From that point on, we've had a VERY significant decrease in poopy diapers. But still no pee-pee success. That was about 2 months ago. We have used the last of the Pampers Cruisers and I have bought a few packages of the Pampers Easy Ups and Huggies Pull Ups...mostly because I'm a wimp. But I took the bull by the horns last night and put her to bed (at nighttime, not naptime, mind you) wearing nothing but Gerber All in One Waterproof Trainers.

Yes, I am a brave, brave girl. I thought "Hey, if Lara can do it, I can do it, too!"

I think Lara has more patience than I do. I had to strip the bed at 11:30pm and again at 8am. I either need to get more patience or get more sheets...or both.

And then this morning, armed with a little more confidence, I put Emma in underwear. By the time we left the house at 10:15, she was on her 3rd pair. At least it's only been pee-pee accidents. I took her to sit every time she had one and had her help me clean up the mess, but still no results. I got a little nervous leaving the house and having her only in undies, so I put a pull-up over them. It least the accident would be contained if she had one.

Which she did. But never told me about. And somehow happened after the 132 times I took her to the potty while we were at the park.

And this, too, shall pass...

1 reviews:

Sue said...

Poor Emma being sick. I hope she's better soon. I can relate on being covered in fluids. :) I've never seen those training pants before - they look great. I hope she gets better in the underpants soon. I know it can be very frustrating.

And I tagged you.