Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dave Update

Sorry for the rant yesterday. I just get so frustrated with airlines. But as my wise father says "Really, what are you gonna do?"

Anyway, after 58 hours of travel, Dave has reached his final destination of Canberra, Australia. His bags, however, did not. The good news is, though, that they are at least on the same continent. Woohoo!! Hopefully he should get them before tomorrow morning. If not, he'll have to go out and buy some clothes. He did pack one extra outfit in his carryon, but not 3, and in his own words: "I stink."

There was a quote in an e-mail I received tonight, and really, it could not fit Dave's experience better...

Dave, here's a quote for you:

'Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. Begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with old nonsense.'--Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 reviews:

Zany Mama said...

That's one of my favorite quotes. I used to have it on my computer at work, and it really did help!

Sue said...

I'm glad he made it there safely, even if he's stinky. :) I hope his bags arrived.