Monday, April 9, 2007

It's all in the timing

So I think I picked the worst possible time to pick a healthy eating habit for this week's goal. Here are the odds stacked against me:

1. Easter candy. Need I say more?
2. Dreary cold weather. It's still a little hard to get outside right now. This weather just depresses me and depressed = overeating.
3. Dave is out of town for basically the next two weeks. Boredom in the evening + stress from kids + missing Dave = the biggest spoon I can find for the ice cream.
4. Whatever daily excuse I come up with to shove food in my face.

Come to think of it, April in general is a bad eating month for me. I've got Easter party food, Easter candy, Jake's birthday, Emma's birthday, and then a joint party for Jake's and Emma's birthday at the end of the month. I should just pack in my scale and dust it off again in May.

3 reviews:

Beth said...

Sounds to me like you PICKED THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME FOR ALL THIS DIET TALK!!!

Beth said...

P.S.
Can I have a piece of chocolate???

Christine said...

Well, you'll just have to come over sometime next week. I could use some company (not to mention someone to lift Maddy over the gate and save my back!!)

Pick a day and let me know, just not Mondays or Thursdays.