Sunday, April 22, 2007

Enjoy it while it lasts

Aaaah. Spring. Spring has finally arrived here. The weekend was beautiful. The weather was beautiful. The kids were...pretty good. Having Dave home is beautiful. Sigh.


We spent the majority of the weekend outside because it was just so durn nice. We went to the park, we took walks, we played outside, we looked at all our flowers that died when we had frost last week...It's still 76 degrees here at 8pm, and I decided I would much rather hear the terms "unseasonably warm" instead of "unseasonably cool". We even cooked out on the grill tonight and ate dinner out on the deck. It was bliss. And I'm quite certain the neighbors didn't mind us yelling at Emma to stop throwing her food.
I've even gotten fairly optimistic about turning the TV off next week. Yes, you heard me. I'm going to participate in Turn Off the TV Week. I'm actually going to do it, at least during the day with Jake. Dave and I haven't fully decided if we are going to do it in the evenings, too, so we'll have to see what happens tomorrow. But anyway, the weather has me all hopeful of all the outdoor activities we are going to partake in that will be capped off by a visit from Grandma and Grandpa from Illinois to celebrate the kids birthdays.

And then I checked the weather for next week...


Why, oh why, can't nice weather last for more than 2 days here??? Ugh.

Wait, I think I hear the remote calling...

1 reviews:

Zany Mama said...

It was a truly fabulous weekend. We were outside most of the time as well. Seeing the weather report was seriously depressing.

You'd think we'd be used to it by now, but somehow I still rebel against this crazy Ohio weather.