Monday, April 2, 2007

Home Sweet Home

So after a much needed break, we are home from the wild blue yonder. Well, actually, it was quite green there because it RAINED THE WHOLE WEEKEND!! But that didn't stop us from getting out there and hiking for 6 hours on Saturday. We had a marvelous time and I even finished a book. I can't tell you the last time I read a book so quickly. Not only did I finish one book but I started a second. Unheard of. Anyway, onto the pictures...



This was actually one of the last places we visited, but I just love the shot. This is the place where it rained on us the hardest, but much rain means beautiful falls.

Dave has always been intrigued with the plantlife whenver we go on vacation, and this time was no different. This is a shot of this weird mushroom stuff growing up the side of a tree. I must admit it was pretty cool.

I didn't even realize until I got home that this was almost the exact picture I used as a teaser on my last post to show where we would be going this weekend. I guess I like this shot.


Besides making the falls beautiful, the rain really brought out the green in the moss. It was shocking how green it was against the color of the fallen leaves and rocks.


And yet another waterfall shot. This particular area of the state is crawling with them because of all the rock formations.


This was another of Dave's favorite spots. I'm not sure if you can tell from the shot, but the roots of this tree are exposed and growing over the rock trying to get down to the ground. The picture doesn't do this tree justice!

So that's just a few of my favorite shots from this weekend. We had a blast and we were a little sad to come home. But this is definitely one of our favorite places to go and we can't wait until the kids are able to handle the trails by themselves so that we can all go together.

5 reviews:

Christine said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great time!

Christine said...

BTW, I just left you a little gifty on my blog...

Unknown said...

What wonderful shots! Sounds like you two had a great time! Where are the pictures of the two of you, dog gone it? If I can have a picture of myself with a mohawk, you can show a picture of you while hiking.
geeze. some bloggers.

Anyway, it's GREAT to have you back.

Zany Mama said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend, and the pictures are a good reminder that you don't have to go very far to find really beautiful natural spaces in this state.

(Okay, that's it for the niceness. Heckling and chicanery will ensue shortly.) :)

Sue said...

What a beautiful place. I'm glad you had fun even with the rain. And how great to have time to read!
Welcome back.
:)