Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Tagged again

My "big brother" Gumby tagged me for another meme. I get to name 7 songs/CDs that I've listened to recently and write a little bit about each one. Doesn't seem to hard, considering my new love affair with my iPod...

1. Dave Matthews Band - This is one of those nice combinations of angst and happiness. There are some songs that make me feel like I'm floating, and others that make me feel like a rebellious teenager. Always a good combo.

2. Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians - This is one of the first bands I remember getting into when I was younger. I don't remember whow introduced me to them, but it's just happy sometimes silly music where making sense is optional.

3. James Taylor - He's a master storyteller. Sweet Baby James always makes me smile.

4. Norah Jones - I am so glad I listen to her. She's bluesy and cool and she has great hair. Oh yeah, she has a beautiful voice and plays piano. Shoulda been me...

5. Pat Benatar - Really. Do I need to say anything about this one? She rocks and I always feel like a stronger woman when I listen to her.

6. Genesis - This was a musical hand me down from my brothers and sister. I'm just glad it fit so well. Oh yeah, I'm in love with Phil. And I'm going to see them in concert in September. I almost threw up when I bought the tickets.

7. Marvin Gaye - I love old stuff and Marvin Gaye just makes me want to dance. People working out on the treadmills behind me at the gym have got to wonder how I can dance and walk on a treadmill at the same time without hurting myself. He just makes me want to move.

And that is all. Again, I feel like I just tagged everyone I know so this is an open invitation to tag yourself. Leave me a comment, I always love reading about music!!

2 reviews:

Sue said...

Wow! I don't think I could come up with 7 songs. Do Dora and Philadelphia Chickens cd's count? LOL

:)

Gumby said...

When I saw that Genesis was coming, WITH Phil, I wanted to go. I wasn't aware they were all back together again. But Pokey (a.k.a bob) wasn't interested. I've seen them oh-so-many times, starting in 1978(!!!) and it's always a great show. Have a super time!