Monday, April 30, 2007

If only...

At church on Sunday, one of the members played flute during service and I about died it was so good. Immediately, I wished I had never given up flute when I was younger. Which got me to thinking: if I had unlimited time and resources (don't all great questions start this way), what skills/hobbies would I like to pursue, new or revisited. And I came up with 4:

  1. Photography - I would love to take a photography class. This is my favorite form of art and it always has been. I'm particularly drawn to landscape shots. I could seriously sit in a room for hours on end and look at shots of nature without getting up except to eat and use the bathroom. I just love it.
  2. Flute (or Clarinet) - Once upon a time, I played each of these instruments. But then I got an attitude and decided it was much cooler to play sports. Once I realized this wasn't the case, I never thought to go back and pick up the instruments again. Every time I hear one of them playing, I imagine it's me and it makes me smile.
  3. Piano - I can't really pinpoint an origin for this one, I just think it's way cool to watch someone who's playing. And it would help out a lot when Dave or I are trying to learn a new song for an audition.
  4. Dancing - I guess I'm just all about performance stuff. I love shows like Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. I think dancing is incredibly athletic and ballroom dancing in particular is a great reminder of a time in our history that was a little simpler and more romantic.

So that's just a little insight into my life. Nothing too crazy, just something I was thinking about over the weekend. What would you do/learn? I'd love to hear from you!!

2 reviews:

Christine said...

I used to play the clarinet too. Even made it into a youth symphony one year. I gave it up to get a job in high school though. I too would love to take a photography course. I've always loved it.

I am starting a cake decoratin class though next week. I'm looking forward to it. I have to make all the cakes for my girls - so I figured I might as well become good at it. :)

Christine had Zachary tonight if you haven't heard. He's doing great - 6lb, 2oz. He's a bruiser. I posted on her blog for her.
:)

Sue said...

Ok - that was messed up. I forgot to log out as Christine and I posted to you under her id.

Sorry. :)